Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Will the Curse fall?


Well the Bo Sox have another shot of breaking that retchid curse of the Bambino again this year. Will they do it? I don't think so. Even if the Sox make it to the World Series they will still get beat. They will probably get beat by the Cardinals. Yes it is a shame but I love watching them make it to the playoffs just so I can see the faces on those clam chowder loving Boston fans. Oh and to see Pedro bow down to his daddy The Yankees. I'm sure we will see Pedro in pin stripes if he ever wants to obtain that ring. So forget it Bo Sox fans it's not gonna happen, ever. That is what makes baseball great, the history of the game and if the Bo Sox were to win it it would be a spit in the face of baseball history, so I along with the babe will be rooting against the Bo Sox this October.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

As funny as the "Curse" is, I would actually like to see the Red Sox break it. As a baseball fan, I pretty much just want to see any team win the World Series to defy the odds against them. What better odds then the great Bambino curse. Wasn't it exciting to see the Marlins win it all last season with a bunch of nobody's? Let alone to beat a very solid NY Yankees club. Jesse, I'm sure you weren't too pleased being a Yankees fan and all but me being an A's and Rockies fan, it's nice to see the small market teams win it all.

Pedro is very deserving of putting on that World Series ring. I doubt I'll ever see him put on the pin stripes, and if I do, it'll be a sad moment in baseball. This is why baseball in general needs a salary cap, so even the small market teams have a chance. Nothing against the Yankees, they are a great ball club and all, but it is old watching them in the post season year after year. I can make the same argument for the Braves.

But moving back on the subject of this season's postseason - I will be rooting for the Astros. I told Jesse about a month ago to watch out for them. They are on a roll in September and if they can carry that heat through the NLDS, the Cards better watch out. As far as the ALDS are concerned, I still have to root for the Red Sox, only to break that curse. And I would LOVE for the Twins to beat the Yankees even though I really don't see that as a reality.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home