Friday, October 15, 2004

Brock From the Brink

.


Probably one of the best college football games I have seen in recent years. How is it possible a team can come from a 17 point deficit, at home, against a ranked team, with the #2 ranked offense in the NCAA, to win in regulation? Well ask Mr. Berlin! What an amazing game. I take nothing away from Louisville, they are a terrific team headed in the right direction. But what magic Miami has. I was surprised watching their defense play as it did since they had the #1 ranked defense in NCAA, but it shows you how powerful the Cardinals offense really is. What I was impressed about it the Cardinals backup true-freshman QB. That kid came into the game with Miami having all the momentum (after having just scored a TD to take the lead late in the 4th qtr) to sustain a drive to go ahead 38-34 with 4 minutes remaining. If you missed out on this game, it's a shame, you missed the best NCAA football game this season by far!

6 Comments:

Blogger RED said...

Steve posted this caption today.

I agree with you Steve, I tuned in in the 3rd quarter and started to rip Lance asking him what was up with his Hurricanes and he kept sating there is alot of time left, then Luisville ran a fake punt and I thought that would demoralize the Canes, but I was wrong. That Brock Berlin stepped it up!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

I was about to call Lance up on his cell phone and leave a message basically asking what the hell was wrong with the Hurricanes, then I just seen a spark light up under the Miami bench. If Miami can play as they did in the 4th qtr in every game, undefeated season and they could beat OU in the Orange Bowl for the National Championship. I've never been a fan of Brock Berlin, but last night, he really showed something. They had a stat about him last night saying he really doesn't lose - they are right. He was 45-0 in high school as a starter and 15-2 in college as a starter (14-2 as starter for Miami, 1-0 for Florida). Guess now it's 16-2 for his college career.

He even isn't even close to being an elite quarterback, but it amazes me how he gets the job done. Gore wasn't gaining many yards against the tough defense so it was up to Berlin to win it by his arm. Two weeks in a row now Berlin has really stepped up and played well.

1:53 PM  
Blogger quest4facts said...

Miami can sleep for 3 quarters and beat just about anyone, that is how talented this team is. Scary too.

2:13 PM  
Blogger RED said...

Steve what happens to Q B like Berlin when they get losses in the NFL. Wonder if any other NFL Q's with his HS, College record have ever succeded?

3:15 PM  
Blogger yoni cohen :: http://yocohoops.com said...

Hey-

Came across your blog today. Great stuff. Agree with you that Miami's comeback was unreal.

Noticed you were a huge sports fan. Hoping you could add a Blogroll link to my "College Basketball Blog,"
http://collegeball.blogspot.com. I'd very much appreciate a link on your site.

And would gladly return the favor, adding you to my blogroll.

Thanks!

Yoni Cohen, http://collegeball.blogspot.com
College Basketball Blog

5:08 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

No idea, but I am sure some people have success wherever they are. For instance, DJ Williams, I believe only lost 1 game in HS playing for Concord De La Salle in California, then of course Miami where his years were very successful. Now a rookie on the Bronco's he is 5-1. I'm sure he hasn't lost more then 10 games in his career...tops.

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home